Garlic & Cumin Lamb Kebabs – Serves 2
- Lamb Leg Steaks x 2
- (Extensive isn’t it!)
Cumin & Garlic Marinade
- 2 Tablespoons Toasted Cumin Seeds
- 4 Cloves Garlic
- 1 Teaspoon Sea Salt
- Teaspoon Black Peppercorns
- 1 Lemon (Juice Of)
- 2 Sprigs Of Mint
- Olive Oil To Loosen
- For the Marinade crush the dry ingredients in a pestle and mortar to a fine paste then mix in the wet.
- Cut lamb steaks into 1 inch cubes
- Marinade in the fridge for at least an hour but not more than 12 hours
- Thread onto skewers and cook over hot coals
- Cook for around 2 minutes per side (all four sides!)
If you’ve got a BBQ recipe you’d like to share with the BBQ world drop us a line!
Everyone has their favourite bits of kit from wireless thermometers to the ultimate marinade mop and at BBQ Map HQ its our Pit Mitt. The Ultimate BBQ Mitt is phenomenal when it comes to handling either the door of our slightly broken smoker or wrestling a skewer off the Cypriot Grill when hot metal is a major concern!
Its more expensive than the oven gloves from the supermarket but we’ve found it be a great investment to prevent serious burns or the girly squeals when the regular oven mitts burn through!
If you’ve got a piece of kit you can’t be without let us know!
Chimichuri Steak – Serves 2
- 1 Large Rump / Sirloin Steak
- Fresh Spinach
- Soft Goats Cheese
- Dressing; Equal Parts; Lemon Juice, Olive Oil and teaspoon of Dijon Mustard
- 1 pack fresh parsley
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 100mls olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red (or white) wine vinegar
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1 pinch black pepper
- Blitz all the Chimichuri ingredients in a hand blender – get one here if you don’t already own! Ideally make this in advance as the flavours develop!
- Remove from fridge 10 minutes before cooking and season with salt and pepper
- With your coals or gas very hot cook directly over the heat
- Cook to your desired ‘doneness?’ and allow to rest (don’t lose the juices!)
- Whilst the steak is resting place the chopped peach on the grill (it needs your full attention as will blacken quick at this heat) and cook for around 2 minutes moving constantly
- Slice the steak diagonally into a 1/4 inch thick slices and serve with Chimichuri sauce
- Mix the spinach, grilled peach and goats cheese and serve with dressing